Veterans In Motion - V.I.M.

Experiencing a military transition? Do you call it a civilian transition? Military Transition Tips and articles are located on our Military Transition Tips website at www.militarytransitiontips.com site. Proud Milblogger. Military Transition Timeline. See www.veteransinmotion.com.

Saturday, April 09, 2005


Panic Attack Coach - Click Here

Military Transition - Moment of Clarity

This weekend, I'd like to share a story with you to help you with your military transition.

When I was with the financial services business I mentioned on my web site at http://www.veteransinmotion.com/, one evening, a speaker made a very profound statement during a sales training. They said, "All of you will leave this business one day and it will depend on you what you will take with you when you leave". My military retirement was within months and a piecing chill ran through my body as I heard this statement.

All of a sudden the thought of leaving the military danced in my mind's eye and I was left wondering, "What was I taking with me as I leave the military?" The question left me looking like a deer in headlights as I sat back in the chair and pondered on what I felt was a moment of clarity. What was I taking with me as I left the military?

The first thing that came to mind was graduating from Basic Training. The next thing that flashed in my mind was every promotion and major award I’d ever received. Last and not least, was the joy of living in Western Europe and seeing places any person would ache to see. The memories swirled in my mind like a swirling tornado. Once everything was calm, I knew what I was taking with me as I left the military. If I had to limit what I’ve taken with me to three things, those three things would be:

· Tenacious will
· Intestinal fortitude
· Stubborn commitment to meaningful causes

As you launch into your civilian lifestyle, remember those times in the military when you had to demonstrate a tenacious will to succeed. With clear vision, set out for the things in life that matters the most to you with tenacity.

Have the intestinal fortitude to persevere and find the agencies or organizations you need to help you with your military transition.

Discover your meaningful causes and have a stubborn commitment to your success!


Your Military Transition Coach,


Johnetta Matthews


For a free no-obligation coaching session, write us at vetsinmotion@aol.com or visit http://www.veteransinmotion.com/ to join our weekly newsletter.

Shorten your Military Transition Timeline.


 

Prev | List | Random | Next
Join
Powered by RingSurf!
Bravenet SiteRing The Veterans Of America SiteRing

This site owned by
Veterans In Motion
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com